Holistic Recovery And Innovative Therapies
We emphasize the importance of understanding the whole person rather that just the disease. Wellness is a life long journey that requires personal responsibility and commitment..
Addiction is a one type of Psychiatric Illness. Nirmal Hospital, Deaddiction & Rehabilitation Centre offers novel treatments supported by neuroscience research to improve brain health. They include:
1) Counselling – Cognitive Behaviour therapy, Rational E-motive behaviour.
1.a) ECT – Electro Convulsive Therapy.
2) Biometric Stress Management Techniques
4) Animal Assisted Therapy undergoing (AAT)
5) Music Therapy.
6) Yoga Therapy.
These treatments are personalized, non – invasive, and target core brain functions such as Thinking, Feeling, Emotions, Sleep and self – Regulation.
We encourage our clients to eat a balanced diet, exercise, get adequate rest through stress – release techniques.
2. Treatment Philosophy:-
A) Holistic Recovery:-
we engage and sustain the entire individual – including physical (biological).Emotional (psychological), Intellectual and social aspects, to recover your overall health and wellness.
B) Integrative Medicine:-
we will use integrated approaches with the common aim of restoring physical, mental, social and spiritual he
C) Individualized and Family Centred Approach:-
our approach focuses on the unique needs of the individual and his or her family. Thus our orientation is both individualized and family Centred.
D) Evidence based Treatments:-
we have a highly experienced clinical team that offers a variety of treatments that are supported with solid scientific evidences.
E) Respectful Environment:-
Recovery occurs best in an environment that is peaceful, respectful and nurturing so that the individuals can heal from their suffering and expand their spiritual connection.
F) Continuity of Care
we have a highly experienced clinical team that offers a variety of treatments that are supported with solid scientific evidences..
Psychosocial treatment for alcohol dependence:-
* Cognitive and behaviour therapy– Focus should be on thoughts and behaviour.
* Group Therapy– 5-6 patients. For motivation, psychoeducation and preventing relapse.
* Family therapy– Family as a unit.
* SELF Help approach ( Alcohol Anonymous)- Group of individuals with similar problem. Only requirement for membership is desire to stop drinking.
• Reel Therapy:- Reel Therapy works akin to experiencing guided visualization Movies affect us powerfully because the combined impact of music, dialogue, lighting, camera angles and sound effect enables a film to bypass ordinary defensive censors in us. Cinema therapy allows us to use the effect of imagery, plot, music etc. in films on our psyche for insight, inspiration, emotional release or relief and natural change.
1) Yoga Therapy:- Yoga therapy may be defined as the application of Yogic principles to a particular person with the objective of achieving a particular spiritual,psychological goal.
2) Trataka Therapy:- Trataka (Sanskrit n. त्राटक Tratak “look gaze”) is a yogic purification (a shatkarma) and tantric method of meditation that involves staring at a single point such as a small object, black dat or candle flame. It is said to bring energy to the “third eye” (ajna chakra) and promote various psychic abilities. The tratak kriya strengthens eye muscles and improves visionAnd memory. It also helps in keeping insomnia at bay. Those who have sleepimg difficulties shoud do tratak daily without fail.
3) Shatkarm Therapy:- The Shatkarmas, also known as Shatkriyas, are a set of Hatha yoga purifications of the body,to prepare for the main work of yoga towards moksha. These practices, outlined by Svatmarama in the hatha yoga pradipika as kriya, are neti, Dhauti, Nauli, Basti, Kapalabhati,and Trataka.
4) Meditation Therapy:- Meditation is a practice in which an individual uses a technique-such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object,thought,or activity –to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. Meditation is practiced in numerous religious traditions.
5) Pranayama Therapy:- Pranayama is an ancient breath technique that originates from yogic practices in india. It involves controlling your breath in different styles and lengths. It has more recently gained popularity in the western world because of the mamy health benefits that come from a pranayama practice.
6) Breathing Therapy:- Breathwork refers to any type of breathing exercises or techniques. People often perform them to improve mental, physical, and spiritual well –being. During breathwork you intentionally change your breathing pattern. There are many forms of breathwork therapy that involve breathing in a conscious and systematic way.
7) Naturopathy Therapy :- Naturopathy is a form of healthcare that combines modern treatment with traditional methods. It includes alternative, natural therapies modern medicine.
Naturopathy focuses on Trusted Source:
The body’s capacity to heal itself
Preventing health problems
a personal responsibility to optimize health
Naturopathic treatment plans on education and prevention. They often emphasize diet, exercise, and stress management.
Some important treatments of naturopathy are: Mud pack, Mud Bath, Spinal Bath Spinal Spray Bath, Steam Bath, Sauna Bath Wet Sheet Pack, abdomen Pack, Magnet Theatments-Exercise Therapy and Electro Therapy.
8) Panchkarma Therapy:- Panchakarma is a method of cleansing the body of all the unwanted wasre after lubricating it. Panchakrma are 5 (five) in number;nence the term PANCHA (five) – KARMA (procedures). Panchakarma treatment is unique in the sense that it includes preventive, curative and promotive actions for various diseases.
As the name suggests, Panchakarma stands for 5 different cleansing methods i.e. Vamana (Therapeutic Emesis), Virechana (Therapeutic Purgation) and vasti (Therapeutic enema), Nasya (nasal insufflations of me medicines that nourish or aid elimination of toxins through nose) and Rakta Mokshana (Therapeutic Blood-letting).
9) Sound Healing Therapy:- Sound healing works on healing the mental and emotional levels. Sound healing reduces stress, anxiety and depression. Balancing and clearing the mind leads to a renewed sense of purpose, well-being, calm, and happiness. Deep relaxation is the most universal benefits of sound therapy.
10) Magnet Therapy:- Magnet therapy is a safe, non –invasive method of applying a magnetic field to the body for therapeutic purposes – to speed the healing process, relive pain and discomfort, and improve quality of sleep without any adverse side effect.
11) Colour Therapy :- What is color therapy? Also known as chromotherapy, color therapy is based on the idea that color and colored lights can help treat physical or mental health. According to this idea, they cause subtle changes in our moods and biology.
12) Music Therapy:- Music therapy involves using a person’s responses and connections to music to encourage positive changes in mood and overall well – being. Music therapy can include creating music with instruments of all types, singing, moving to music or just listening to it. Music has powerful effects on the mind.
13) Animal Therapy:- Animal therapy is the use of animals to help with physical, social, emotional, or cognitive functioning. This is sometimes also called pet therapy, animal – assisted therapy or per – assisred therapy. This article will explain animal therapy, the conditions that can be treated, processes, who facilitates it types, and more.
Animal therapy is any type of therapeutic intervention that incorporates animals. 1 This may include support with physical, social, emotional, or cognitive functioning. It can be used alone or as part of a treatment plan with other interventions.